A $6 Million grant to the City of Belmont has been approved by the Federal Government’s Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development through the National Stronger Regions Fund Round One for the $12 Million Belmont Business Park project.
Belmont Business Park is bound by Great Eastern Highway, Knutsford, Esther, Belmont Avenue, Alexander, Fisher, Hubert, Frederick and Daly Streets and incorporates some 500 land holdings and 800 businesses. This exciting project will see the revitalisation of the Belmont Business Park through improved traffic flow, more sustainable public transport infrastructure and the creation of a more aesthetically pleasing and functional thoroughfare on Belmont Avenue.
It will include:
• Belmont Avenue road upgrade.
• installation of underground power along Belmont Avenue.
• reconfigured parking bays with an additional 800+ bays throughout the Belmont Business Park.
• improved public transport infrastructure through the area with upgrading and addition of bus stops with shelter provision.
• new streetscape infrastructure to improve ambiance.
• new signage helping to create a fresh identity and an uplift for the area.
Belmont Business Park is in a strategic gateway location between the Perth CDB, Perth airport and industrial areas to the south, and will now be able to fully transform from its industrial character to a more diverse business park with an investment friendly environment.
This initiative aims to boost the revival of the City of Belmont’s major business area by creating opportunity for the growth of a more diverse economy, offering more job opportunities to meet the needs of the region and increasing the provision of sustainable transport options for workers and visitors. As such, it has been identified as a high priority to the City of Belmont since the late 1990s.
Work has already started and a completion date of late 2019 is expected.
Click here for a location map of Belmont Business Park.