Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

 Interpreting Services

For any Council enquiries the City of Belmont provides free interpreting services to non-English speaking community members.

If you need an interpreter, please see the below instructions:

  • Call TIS National on 131 450.
  • An automated prompt will ask you the language you need. Please state the language that you require.
  • When you are connected to a TIS National operator, say the language you need again.
  • Stay on the line while the operator finds an available interpreter for you.

The operator will connect you with an interpreter in the language you asked for.

You will be asked to provide:

  • Your name
  • Ask them to call the City of Belmont on 9477 7222

Stay on the line while the operator connects you and the interpreter through to the organisation.

*Note: the City's business hours are between 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. 

Western Australia's 'I Need an Interpreter Card'

If you find it hard to communicate in English, this card will let government agencies know that you need an interpreter.

Cards are available at the City’s Civic Centre front desk or at Ruth Faulkner Public Library.

How do I use the card:

  • Write the name of the language you speak or use on the front of the card in English.
  • If you speak or use more than one language, write the other languages on the card in the order of strongest to weakest.
  • Ask the person who gave you the card to help you with this if necessary.
  • If you need help from an interpreter when using a government service, show your card to a staff member.
  • They will try to arrange for an interpreter (either in person or by telephone) who speaks your language.
  • If an interpreter who speaks your first language is not available, the staff member will try to find an interpreter who speaks your second or third language.


For more information please contact the Cultural Engagement Officer on 9477 7453 or by email