The City encourages the four principles of the Eastern Metropolitan Regional Council’s R-gang - reduce, reuse, recycle and recover.
For useful information on how to recycle everything from electronic waste to x-rays, visit the A to Z of waste page of the R-gang website.
For information and tips on recycling your organic waste at home, please refer to the bokashi composting, composting and worm farming brochures available from the EMRC's website here.
The following recycling facilities are available to City of Belmont residents:
- Kerbside collection Recycling bins are collected fortnightly: plastic bottles and containers - clean and empty (lids off); glass bottles and jars - clean and empty; cardboard - flattened; paper - not shredded; and aluminium and steel cans - clean and empty. NO plastic bags, coffee cups, shredded paper or food scraps. For details on what items can be put into this bin visit the Waste Bin Services page.
- Civic Centre/ Library recycling collection points for:
- Mobilemuster (mobile phones and accessories) - Civic Centre only
- Household batteries and fluorescent light globes/ CFLs
- Cartridges 4 Planet Ark (printer ink cartridges) - Library only
- Nespresso pods (Nespresso brand only) - Civic Centre only
- Operations Centre Drop Off Days - residents can bring in asbestos, whitegoods, car batteries, motor oil, plate glass, mattresses/ bed bases and other specified waste on designated days. For more information refer to the Waste Bin Services page.
Greenbatch is working towards building Western Australia's first plastic recycling facility. The public is invited to drop off household waste items on the first Saturday of the month from 11am to 2pm. For details including location and items accepted please visit www.greenbatch.com
Useful information on how to recycle or purchase recycled products is also available through:
Materials generated by City operations that are recycled or reused include street tree prunings (used as mulch), mobile phones, ink cartridges, paper, cardboard, fluorescent lights, batteries, roadbase and scrap metal.