The City of Belmont provides social activities based at Harman Park Community Centre for people who are socially isolated, frail or have a disability. Trained Activities Officers and volunteers facilitate a wide range of activities and outings for eligible community members. The service is available to community members who have been assessed and meet the required criteria.
The safety and wellbeing of our seniors is paramount. As a result we have made the difficult decision to cancel client visits to the Centre until further notice. We will however be continuing to support our senior residents with vital services and engagement during this difficult time. Harman Park provides essential services and they will be maintained, with:
- Day centre clients will be contacted regularly, initially through one-on-one discussions via telephone;
- Client home visits for engagement will continue with social distancing procedures;
- Commonwealth and Home Support Program in-home services will continue as normal with social distancing procedures.
Community Centre Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Sports and games (adapted so that everyone can take part, no matter what the limitations of the individual may be)
- Quizzes, board games and group activities for mental stimulation (again adapted to suit a wide range of abilities)
- Guest speakers and entertainment
- Cookery, discussion groups and theme days
Activities in the community include but are not limited to:
Input from the group is always invited and encouraged. We also keep everyone informed of the activities available with a vibrant monthly newsletter.
For further information, please contact staff at the Harman Park Community Centre on 9477 7170.