Salini Impregilo-NRW Joint Venture (SI-NRW) will be delivering the Forrestfield- Airport Link project on behalf of the Public Transport Authority and works will begin in early April.
There are several services around the construction site that need to be relocated, including gas, water, electricity and telecommunications.
Commencing early April, the following works will be done to establish the site:
- Construction of the pedestrian and cycle path connection from Brearley Avenue to Central Avenue;
- Removal of the metal barriers and erection of temporary fencing around the site footprint. Pedestrians will be able to walk on grassed areas around the construction site, however there will be no hardstand pathways for disability access;
- Site clearing will commence once the footpath and temporary fencing are in place;
- This will include:
- backfilling the two redundant sections of the old Southern Main Drain;
- removal of top soil;
- clearing of trees within the site;
- removal of asphalt from the closed section of Brearley Avenue.
The spoil from the clearing will be stored temporarily in an area near the west end of Brearley Avenue and south of Bulong Avenue.
- The ground within the site area will be heavily compacted to provide solid foundation for site establishment;
- In the cleared areas, the permanent 2.2m high chain link fencing will be erected and covered with banner mesh.
Find out more - including how this will impact you - in the PTA’s Belmont Station Factsheet and on the Development Area 6 page.