Snap your Belmont and WIN! Show us what you love about our City for the chance to WIN one of four $100 prizes.
Share your snaps online in the categories of #NaturalBelmont, #SocialBelmont or #HiddenBelmont to enter. The entry with the most votes will also win a People's Choice Award!
To enter, post your snap on your public Instagram account using the hashtag of your entry category and tag @belmontcouncilwa, OR send your hashtagged snap to us via Facebook or Instagram direct message OR enter here.
We'll be sharing your fantastic images throughout the competition period.
Full terms and conditions can be found below. Happy snapping!
Terms and Conditions
1. Instructions on how to enter form part of these terms and conditions. If there is any conflict between these terms and conditions and any other published material, these terms and conditions are to prevail.
2. The promoter is the City of Belmont, 215 Wright Street, Cloverdale 6105.
3. Participants in the competition will be deemed to abide by these conditions of entry.
4. The competition is open to participants aged 12 and over. Participants under the age of 18 must have parental permission. Business accounts are not eligible to enter.
5. To enter participants must submit original photograph(s) taken in the City of Belmont (including Ascot, Kewdale, Redcliffe, Rivervale, Cloverdale and Belmont) taken anytime between 1 May – 30 September 2018.
6. Photos can be entered in one of three Category Prizes: Natural Belmont (including parks, walks, river views and similar), Social Belmont (places in Belmont that you hang out with friends and family, such as playgrounds, cafes, the skate park and similar) and Hidden Belmont (special places in Belmont that are less known).
7. Photos can be entered by 1) Posted on the entrant’s Instagram channel 2) Sending to the City via Direct Message on either Facebook or Instagram 3) Submitting via the online Woobox form. The Instagram channel MUST be public for entries to be received and specify location.
8. Entries must 1) Tag @belmontcouncilwa OR #celebratebelmont 2) Use one of the following: #naturalbelmont, #hiddenbelmont, #socialbelmont
9. Carousel posts using the hashtag will enter all images in the competition.
10. Entries judged as inappropriate due to content that is offensive will not be accepted and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The prizes consist of $100 for the (1) winner of each entry category and $100 for overall People’s Choice. Prizes are not transferrable or exchangeable.
12. Entrants may only win in one of the three Category Prizes but are eligible to also win People’s Choice.
13. People’s Choice will be determined by combined votes received from the public through the Woobox platform.
14. Winners will be selected based on the photo’s composition, quality, interest and its promotion of life in the City of Belmont.
15. Entries for the Category Prizes will close 11pm Sunday 30 September, 2018.
16. Winners of the Category Prizes will be drawn on Monday, 1 October 2018.
17. People’s Choice will be drawn on Monday, 8 October 2018.
18. The decision of the judges will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. Winners will be contacted via their mode of entry – Instagram, Facebook or email. If the prize is not collected in six weeks it will be judged default.
20. There is no limit to the number of photographs an entrant can submit in each category.
21. The City of Belmont will use entered photos on the City’s Instagram, Facebook and Belmont Bulletin. Photos will be credited to the entrant and will not be modified in any way.
22. Employees and immediate family of the City of Belmont are ineligible to enter.