The City of Belmont recognises the right of customers to complain when feeling dissatisfied with the service provided and undertakes to resolve these complaints in an accountable, transparent and timely manner and to prevent similar complaints from occurring.
We encourage customers to talk to us if we haven’t done what we said we would, or if we fail in our service delivery.
Complaints made to the City of Belmont by customers, residents and ratepayers must be handled within the following guidelines:
- All complaints received by the City must be recorded and documented and shall be acknowledged as soon as possible, and in any event within five normal working days.
- All complaints will be investigated and complainants notified of the results of the investigation, or the progress if not finished, within ten normal working days.
- Where a complainant is not satisfied with the outcome, an appeal against the result can be lodged with:
- 1) Chief Executive Officer or Mayor (as the case may be),
or the matter can be referred to,
- 2) Ombudsman Western Australia’s Office for investigation:-
Postal Address: PO Box Z5386, St Georges Terrace, Perth, WA
Telephone: 08 9220 7555
Toll-free: 1800 117 000
Facsimile: 08 9200 7500
Making a complaint
Please provide us with your opinion so we can improve the delivery and standard of our services. Should you require any assistance with making your concerns known, please ask any of our officers. You can make a complaint by:-
Visiting us at: Civic Centre, 215, Wright Street, Cloverdale, WA 6105
(Office hours 8.30am to 4.30pm)
In writing: Locked Bag 379, Cloverdale, WA 6985
Telephone: 08 9477 7222
Facsimile: 08 9478 1473
Complete the Customer Feedback Online Form or a Customer Feedback brochure available at the City’s Civic Centre or the Ruth Faulkner Public Library.