Golden Gateway precinct encompasses land generally bound by Great Eastern
Highway, the Swan River, Resolution Drive (north), Grandstand Road (north),
Ascot Racecourse (southern boundary), Carbine Street and Hardey Road.
The draft Golden Gateway Local Structure Plan has been formulated based off community engagement (workshops and surveys) that was undertaken in 2016, including:
- May 2016: Three separate workshops with Council officers, Business/Landowners and Community/Residents.
- May and November 2016: Two online surveys for the wider community to provide additional comments.
- November 2016: One workshop with business/landowners and community/residents to present three draft concepts.
What is the Golden Gateway Local Structure Plan?
The draft Golden Gateway Local Structure Plan has been prepared to coordinate future subdivision, zoning and development of the precinct. It addresses matters relating to infrastructure changes and upgrades to roads, drainage and services and associated land reassembly, provision of pedestrian and cycle paths and the creation of public spaces.
New development standards are proposed to control building height and built form, car parking and residential density, to identify ‘landmark’ building sites and provide for commercial land uses including a ‘main street’ with retail and restaurant/café activities and a local retail centre. In terms of building heights, the suggested heights have come after initial consultation with the community and stakeholders.
At the Ordinary Council Meeting of 26 February 2019 (Item 12.6)
, Council considered and endorsed the draft Golden Gateway Local Structure Plan for the purpose of public consultation. Advertising of the draft Golden Gateway Local Structure Plan commences on 3 October 2019
and will conclude on 31 October 2019
Have your say
The City is now seeking submissions on the draft Golden Gateway Local Structure Plan. Submissions shall be provided in writing to the City of Belmont via post (Locked Bag 379, Cloverdale WA 6985) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
. Submission forms are available below, and should you wish to provide comments on suggested building heights for the precinct, please find below a link to an annotatable building height plan.
- Submission Form
Submissions shall be lodged by close of business 31 October 2019.
It is important to note that further revisions and re-advertising of the draft Local Structure Plan may be necessary based on submissions received from the community.
Further Information Sources
To obtain further information about the draft Golden Gateway Local Structure Plan, visit the following:
- The City of Belmont Civic Centre, 215 Wright Street, Cloverdale, during office hours.
- A Community Information Session on 9 October 2019 from 6pm-8pm at the City of Belmont Civic Centre (215 Wright Street, Cloverdale).
- A Community Information Booth on 19 October 2019 from 9am-11am which will be set up at Ascot Waters Park (bound by The Boardwalk, Stoneham Street and Resolution Drive).