City of Belmont Social Media
The City of Belmont is on Twitter
. We look forward to connecting with you but we do have a few rules to follow if you’d like to contribute to our pages.
We encourage open discussion but Social Media isn’t a formal communication channel for the Council and we can’t respond to every comment or post. So if you do need a response, then feel free to visit, call, write, email us or use our contact form on our website here
When interacting with us on Social Media, we request that you:
- use the space to contribute positively
- contact us ‘offline’ for serious matters
- exercise common sense and courtesy
- do not post your personal contact details
- acknowledge that the City of Belmont can’t check the accuracy of every post and does not take any responsibility for comments on this page
- adhere to the relevant social media channel guidelines.
The City doesn’t accept responsibility for comments on these pages; they are not necessarily representative of the opinions of the City of Belmont and we do not make any warranty to their accuracy.
Advertisements may be removed at our discretion. Unless we state otherwise or unless it comes directly from us, we are not directly affiliated with any advertisement or post that may appear on our page.
Any posts or comments made on our social media may be removed at any time without notice. We won’t remove content simply because we don’t like it – but we will act swiftly to protect the privacy and rights of any individual or group. Any comments which specifically identify or refer to individuals in a negative manner, including our employees, will be removed.
Posts/comments/tweets may also be deleted - at our absolute discretion - if they contain:
- any discussion or promotion of behaviour that is unlawful
- inappropriate, violent, obscene, profane, hateful, derogatory, racist or sexist language, content or links
- threatening, harassing, bullying, discriminatory language, content or links
- content or links that infringe copyright
- comments that threaten or defame any person or organisation
- information that may compromise the public’s safety or security
- solicitations, advertisements or endorsements; spam or nuisance posts
- discussions about Local Government elections and/or candidates
- multiple successive off-topic posts by a single user or any repetitive posts
- any other inappropriate comments or content as determined by us
Please note that by following us or liking us, you acknowledge all of the above Rules of Engagement and that you may be blocked from any page if we decide you’re in breach of our ‘Rules’.
To discuss the removal of a previous post, request a current post be removed or for any other matters related to these Rules please contact our Communications department via the switchboard on 9477 7222.