Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Picture of houses

 Change of Property Details

If you have sold your property

If you have sold or otherwise disposed of property, under section 9.68 of the Local Government Act 1995, you are required to notify the City in writing of the details including the new owners name and address and date of sale/transfer.

Please also clearly show the property details including lot number and title information where possible.

If the settlement is inter family/business related and you have paid a settlement agent/solicitor to have the Certificate of Title amended, please also request that they notify Council in writing of those changes as well as this may not be automatically done as part of your settlement.

The Local Government Financial Regulations require payment in full on disposal of property. This also applies if you are still an owner of the property. Any alternative arrangements including instalment options are automatically terminated.  

To notify us of a change of property ownership, please click here to complete the form.

If you change your mailing address

As the property owner, you are required to notify the City in writing of any changes to your mailing address as soon as possible. This will ensure that you receive all correspondence from us in a timely manner.

To notify us of your change of mailing address, please click here to complete the form.

If you have changed your name

The Rate Record is required to reflect the Certificate of Title information.  Therefore if you have changed your name either via Deed Poll or through marriage and you wish to have your rate notice reflect this, then you are required to amend your Certificate of Title at Landgate.  Once this has been finalised, you are required to provide the city with a copy of the amended Certificate of Title.  This can be emailed to