Thank you to everyone in our City for following the State Government's directions during this 5 day COVID-19 lockdown.
Thanks to Perth's efforts, yesterday Premier Mark McGowan announced that the lockdown would end at 6pm today Friday 5 February. We are now entering a transitional phase with a number of restrictions based on health advice. This phase will continue until 12.01am Sunday morning, 14 February.
What is happening with facilities?
Inline with the State Government's announcement, masks will now be required for entry to all City facilities. Registration via the SafeWA app or manual record continues to be mandatory at entry. Find out more on our COVID-19 page
will reopen on Saturday 6 February. Programs at the Ruth Faulkner Library and Belmont Museum will resume from Monday 8 February. Due to the 4 square metre rule, the building's capacity has now been limited to 150 people at one time and library event attendee numbers have been reduced. The Library's after hours chute will reopen from 6pm Friday 5 February.
and Operations Centre
will reopen on Monday 8 February with revised capacities.
will reopen on Saturday 6 February with revised capacities.
in Belmont Hub will remain closed until Monday 15 February.
Playgrounds, exercise equipment and Belmont Skate Park
will reopen from 6pm Friday 5 February. Please note our team will be removing signage Friday/Saturday.
will reopen on Monday 8 February under the new rules.
will reopen on Saturday 6 February with health restrictions in place. Members will be contacted by email with further information.
What services are affected?
Services at the City will resume as normal. If you prefer not to come to the Civic Centre, our staff remain available to serve customers over the phone on 9477 7222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The 3rd rates installment deadline has been extended until Friday 12 February.
Supporting local business
We encourage you to make an effort to support local businesses who have been affected by this 5 day lockdown. To find a list of local businesses near you, visit our Business Directory
Kidz Fest rescheduled to 27 February
Following the latest advice from the State Government on the evolving COVID-19 lockdown for Perth region, the City of Belmont has decided to reschedule Kidz Fest until Saturday, 27 February. Read more about Kidz Fest in our rescheduling announcement
What were the restrictions announced by the State Government as part of the transitional phase?
The post-lockdown transition period for Perth and Peel includes:
- Wearing a mask when in public and while at work, unless exempt or for vigorous outdoor exercise
- All businesses can reopen, except for the casino and nightclubs
- 4 square metre capacity rule in place for businesses and venues, up to a maximum of 150
- 150-person capacity at all events including weddings, funerals and community sport
- Seated service only at hospitality venues
- Dancing only permitted at weddings and dance studios
- 20-person limit for private indoor and outdoor gatherings
- Visits to aged care and disability care facilities restricted to compassionate grounds
- Residential school and boarding facilities can resume with a COVID Safety Plan
- Only essential travel permitted in and out of the Perth and Peel regions to other parts of WA.
For the full announcement see the wa.gov.au website
A reminder: if you display any symptoms please get tested, even if you've already tested negative. Testing locations and times can be viewed on the Healthy WA website.