In response to the interim directions issued by the McGowan Government, there are a number of changes to City of Belmont facilities and services:
• The City’s Civic Centre (215 Wright Street) and Operations Centre are open however maximum capacity limits apply.
• Belmont Hub (213 Wright Street), including Ruth Faulkner Library and Belmont Museum is open however only a maximum of 20 people can attend at one time, with a maximum 1 hour visit time limit. All programs, activities and meeting room bookings at the library are cancelled until Saturday 1 May. Customers can drop items off at the 24/7 A/H chute at any time.
• The City’s Ordinary Council Meeting scheduled for tonight (27 April) is now closed to the public, however questions from the public can be submitted to Belmont@belmont.wa.gov.au and will be accepted until 5pm today.
• Belmont Oasis Leisure Centre will remain closed until Saturday 1 May.
• The Seniors Hub is closed until Monday 3 May.
The City’s playgrounds and outdoor exercise areas are now open. Community sport and training can resume without spectators.
The City will provide further updates via the City of Belmont website and social media.
Masks are mandatory for Perth and Peel residents and must be worn in public. Masks are not necessary for children under 12.