There’s good news to report from Wilson Park Precinct!
The Netball Court Upgrade is progressing well, with demolition, initial earthworks and services installations nearing completion. The next stages involve:
- Electrical works including the installation of lighting towers
- Pouring of concrete footing for the hit-up wall and multicourt
The Netball Court Upgrade is situated in Zone 1 of the Wilson Park Precinct Masterplan, designed to encourage wider community use and additional physical activity options.
It includes removal and replacement of the existing pavement and installation of a new acrylic surface, removal of existing lighting towers, installation of new energy efficient LED lighting, minor landscaping and fencing, multi-purpose courts and hit up wall.
In 2020, the City of Belmont began design and project planning for the Netball Court Upgrade stage of Wilson Park. The Netball Court Upgrade received significant external funding to assist with the delivery of capital upgrades.
This stage of the Wilson Park project aims to assist the Belmont Netball Association’s reconstruction of the courts to meet current playing standards and the renewal of City’s infrastructure.
Construction began in September 2022 following the completion of the winter season. With no major disruptions anticipated, the upgrade is due to be completed in early 2023.
The City of Belmont acknowledges our project funding partners:
- WA State Government, through the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries
- Federal Government through the Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
- Belmont Netball Association