We have made some changes to ensure that we can deliver services as safely as possible and look forward to seeing you soon.
- Revised opening hours of 10am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
- Limits of 70 patrons at a time.
- Public computer usage limited to maximum of 1 hour sessions. Bookings are recommended and can be done in the library or online.
- Free public Wi-Fi accessible both from Faulkner Park.
- Limited seating available inside the Library.
- Returned library items to be quarantined for 48 hours and disinfected (where possible).
Click and Collect Services
Did you know you can preorder Library items for pick up?
- Log in to the Library’s online catalogue to place holds on up to 10 items
- The Library will notify you when your items are ready for collection.
- Your items will be held for collection on the holds pick-up shelf for your convenience.
If you are currently unable to leave your home to pick up items due to illness or disability please check your eligibility for the Library’s home delivery service.
mobile print service, you can use your personal computer or mobile device to
print to the library's printers from anywhere! Submit your documents for
printing and collect from the library's print stations.
note that to ensure the safety of staff and customers the Library will be
accepting tap and go/paywave contactless payments only. No cash will be
Library membership is invaluable. It provides you with access to tens of thousands of resources (both physical and digital), use of technology in the Library and an array of programs for all ages. Memberships are available both online and in the Library. You can access your membership information, change your address, make suggestions, request items and more by logging into your library account below. Best of all, Library membership is free!
The Belmont Museum is currently closed to prepare for the move to the City’s amazing new community facility. During the closure period Library and Heritage, staff are hard at work researching and creating content as well as preparing previously unseen artifacts for the new exhibition spaces.
As always, Library and Heritage staff will still be available to answer questions and assist with your local history research.
Information for Educators
• Film Streaming
Library Programming - Connecting with your Library at Home
In line with the direction provided by the Federal Government, the City has cancelled all regular library programs, events, workshops and activities held in the library building at this time.
Library and Heritage staff are delivering adult and children's programming to you at home. You will find online workshops, programs, and activities for all ages being added to our Special Events for Adults
and Special Events for Children
pages during this period.
Whether you are newly arrived in Australia, dealing with a permanent or temporary disability or a student at any level the Library can provide you with the support you need to succeed.
If you cannot find the information you need here, please contact our friendly Library staff for more information regarding your specific situation.
Find out more here.