Noise management plan applications
If construction work in the City of Belmont cannot be avoided outside the permitted hours of 7am to 7pm Monday to Saturday (excluding public holidays) and the noise emissions are likely to exceed the assigned levels of the Environmental Protection (Noise) Regulations 1997
, you will need to apply for approval and submit a Noise Management Plan.
- You need approval before any works can begin, even if your application and Noise Management Plan have been lodged and you are waiting for approval;
- Submitting an application and Noise Management Plan does not guarantee you will receive approval;
- The wellbeing and amenity of residents is a priority, so the City does not routinely approve night works on a Sunday night onto a Monday or at other times if the justification for the works is not valid or the works can be undertaken during normal construction hours.
How to apply
To apply for approval of a Noise Management Plan, you will need to:
- Download the application package for details, including which information you need to include with your application;
- Pay a $250 application fee for each application;
- Speak with an Environmental Health Officer before your lodge your application if there is any doubt about whether your works need to take place out of hours or whether an approval is likely to be issued.
Applications should be lodged as early as possible. At the latest, applications must be received by the City no later than seven days before the proposed commencement of the construction work.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone the City’s Health Services team on 9477 7222.