Crime prevention for business
The City of Belmont is committed to providing you with a sense of safety and security for your business. Here is a summary of some of the crime prevention services for businesses.
Free security appraisal
The City’s offers a free security appraisal to businesses and residents. If you would like help to identify any potential security risks at your business, you can either complete an online request form
or phone 9477 7416 to request a site visit from a member of the City’s Community Safety and Crime Prevention team. After the security appraisal, you will receive a report with recommendations on how to make your property safe. You will also receive a free alarm padlock, two free window shock alarms, a free personal safety alarm and information about crime prevention.
Community Watch patrol
The City currently operates three Community Watch vehicles
, providing a 24/7 security patrol service throughout the year to businesses and residents. These vehicles are equipped with CCTV for evidence gathering purposes.
Community Watch Officers target suspicious behaviour and anti-social behaviour and could help to keep your business secure by:
- Reporting offences and/or criminal activities to WA Police if witnessed by the officers;
- Reporting graffiti damage to businesses or homes to Graffiti Report;
- Reporting damage to State Government infrastructure:
- Making extra patrols or carrying out security checks on premises within the City of Belmont.
If you have any security concerns, phone Community Watch on 1300 655 011.
Free graffiti removal
If your business has been vandalised by graffiti, you can take advantage of the City’s free graffiti removal service. The methods used to remove graffiti include:
- Painting out the graffiti on previously painted surfaces with one of 15 standard colours;
- High pressure cleaning on unpainted brickwork and other hard surfaces including surfaces coated with a graffiti coating.
The City aims to remove all reported graffiti within 24 working hours of notification – and offensive graffiti will be removed within 12 working hours of notification.
Report graffiti at your business