Alfresco areas and trading in public places
You will need a permit to run outdoor eating facilities in the City of Belmont – but there is no fee. To apply, you need to complete and submit an Application for Trader’s Permit along with:
- An accurate plan of the alfresco dining area with the location and details of proposed furniture, stands or structures;
- Details of valid public liability insurance to the value of $20 million dollars.
Download Application for Trader's Permit
Stalls and trading in public places
If you would like to set up a stall, or sell goods, or trade in a public place, you will need to complete and submit either an Application for Stallholder’s Permit
or Application for Trader’s Permit
Along with your application form, you will need to submit an application fee and:
- An accurate plan and description of all proposed stands, structures or vehicles which may be used for the proposed trading;
- Details of current public liability insurance to the value of $20 million dollars;
- A copy of the current Food Business Registration if you propose to sell food.
For more information, please email email@example.com
or phone the City’s Health Services team on 9477 7222.