Road sweeping helps to keep traffic areas cleaner, safer and free from a build-up of debris and litter. In the City of Belmont:
- Road sweeping is completed using the City’s own staff and equipment;
- The service is ongoing throughout the year;
- Shopping precincts and some car parks are swept on a weekly cycle, while sweeping the whole City is completed on a 6 to 8-week cycle.
The City’s sweeper is also used for road construction projects, so this can reduce City-wide sweep cycles at certain times, depending on the project.
For more information about road sweeping, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone the City's Works team on 9477 7117.
Weekly road sweeping schedule
Road sweeping is carried out on a weekly basis in some areas, as outlined below.
- Monday – Belgravia Street shops, Epsom Avenue shops, Love Street shops and Belvidere Street shops
- Tuesday – Wright Street shops, Civic Centre, Faulkner Park and Progress Way
- Wednesday – Belmont Village Shopping Centre
- Thursday – Belmont Oasis Leisure Centre car park, Progress Way and Kooyong Road shops
- Friday – Tomato Lake
- Alternate Fridays – Garvey Park, Goodwood Boat Ramp and Hardey Park
- Alternate Saturdays – Kewdale Industrial Area, Abernethy Road, Belmont Avenue and area bounded by Belgravia Street, Great Eastern Highway, Belmont Avenue and Alexander Road
- School holidays – School car parks and surrounds
Keeping the paving clean at shopping centres
To keep the footpaths and paved areas outside shopping centres clean and presentable, the City has funded a program to pressure-clean the paving four times each year. This cleaning is carried out at times that would cause the least disruption to both the shop owners and the public.
The City also provides a cleaning maintenance program to spot-clean food spills and any offensive waste. You can help to support this program by reporting any spills or offensive waste by email to email@example.com
or by phoning the City's Works team on 9477 7117.