If you live in the City of Belmont, you can keep certain animals if you comply with The City of Belmont Health Local Laws 2002. You may be able to keep:
- Poultry, ducks and other domestic fowls (excluding those listed that cannot be kept)
- Pigeons including all breeds of domestic pigeon of the genus Columba livia domestica
- Cage-birds including budgerigars, canaries, finches, quail, doves and other small birds kept in cages
- Bees (to be a bee keeper in Western Australia it is a legal requirement to register with the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development).
Please make sure these animals are kept in a way that maintains good cleanliness and be sure to maintain pest control at all times.
Animals that you cannot
keep in the City include:
- Other cage-birds including parrots, galahs or corellas and the like
- Cows including an ox calf or bull
- Large animals which include pigs, sheep, goats or any beast of burden
If you would like to find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone the City’s Health Services team on 9477 7222.