Local Planning Policy No 14
Local Planning Policy No 14 (LPP 14) was adopted by Council on 23 February 2016. This Policy guides how the DA6 Vision Plan will be implemented to provide:
- The future Redcliffe Train Station in the eastern portion of the precinct;
- The redevelopment of the existing residential neighbourhood, with a mix of 3, 6, 8 and 13-storey buildings, with higher intensity mixed use development around Redcliffe Train Station and properties fronting Great Eastern Highway;
- Modifications to the internal road networks, including:
- The closure of Brearley Avenue;
- Connecting Bulong Avenue and Second Street, on the northern side of the train station;
- Connecting Central Avenue across the former Brearley Avenue road reserve;
- Connecting Boulder Avenue and Kanowna Avenue East across the former Brearley Avenue road reserve.
- A linear public open space area spanning Great Eastern Highway and the future Redcliffe Station, with the existing Southern Main Drain to be redeveloped into a living stream.
When the ultimate planning framework is adopted, it is likely LPP 14 will no longer be necessary and will be revoked.